5/20/2009

Ones That Make the Firsts and the Lasts



"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down." -Unknown

Every hero needs a band of companions The ones that they go to when they are sick of the world. My band of companions consist of some unlikely and unusual characters. Along with Dre'Anna, comes my friend Callie McGovern.

Callie and I have been friends for almost eleven years. She was pretty much first best friend. She and I both alike but very different. We have been through hard times and when I look back, she has always had my back or been there for me. Callie is more like my sister. We argue, bicker, fight and ignore each other but we practically grew up together. She knows pretty much a lot about me, and I her. She was there all those years my dad wasn't and showed me love and compassion. For years when we were younger, I would spend every weekend with her, always. Now that we are older, dealing with the hard times the economy has brought, we see each other whenever we can. I pray for her every night and love to hear her voice. No matter happens in my life, I will always love and cherish her.
Jeffery Ross Jones,  is my amazing "Sexy beast"! This kid is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Introduced through Callie about four years ago, we have maintained a good friendship. Ross, I call him my Jones because one of my favorite memories with him is when we went to the harbor and bought some Jones Soda. I remember thinking, Wow! I'm drinking Jones with my Jones! Ross is such a funny, intelligent, and all around great person. Although we don't hang out as much as we wish we could, we keep in touch and I know whenever there is a new episode of "Grey's Anatomy" on, he is watching just as intently as I am. The last time I hung out with Ross we were at our friend's band, rehearsal. That was one of the best days of my life. I miss him so much and we have made plans to hang out sometime this summer!

Eric Shelton,  is one of the funniest people in the world! Eric, knowing him since the fourth grade he has been there for me through all the drama middle school and now with freshman year at an end, he and I are still close. Eric is someone you can trust with your secrets. He is real and is honest. Eric is one of the coolest and most laid back insane person I have ever met. He gives me a hug every day and smiles, which usually puts me in a good mood. I hope Eric and I stay friends for a long time because I believe everyone needs an Eric Shelton in their life.

Briana Medina is definition of weird and unusual! Although she and I have been friends for almost a year, I trust her. She makes me smile and is just like me! Crazy, insane, bubbly, and just a regular cool too for school nerd! I have told Bri secrets that I haven't told people that I have known for years. She is easy to talk to and she has opened up to me and trusts me with her beloved secrets. Bri will be a Freshman next year and I am excited for her to experience all of the things I did, and hopefully more! I look forward every day talking to her and giggling at her interesting stories everyday. She is one of the lamest people that I know and I like her just like that!



Last but defiantly not least is my boyfriend of almost three months, Marcel Williams. I have never been a boy crazy girl and having a boyfriend was my priority while I was in middle school. Finally I gave up looking for the perfect boyfriend, and just decided the right one would come to me whenever I was ready. During Spring Break I received a text from a boy I had met a few months earlier, asking me if I wanted to go to the movies with him. Bored out of mind and ready to take new chances, I accepted and brought along my friend Che'. The next three days after that we hung out and text each other. I began to grow fond of him, then I began to like him. On March 21, 2009 he asked me to be his girlfriend. Marcel is someone that I can talk to, joke around with and just be myself with him. He listens to me and treats me with respect. He loves spider man, and Michigan State and most of all football. He calls me a lame and a nerd but he is just as much as a nerd as me! We roll around in the grass, take silly pictures, slow dance in the middle of the street to oldies, wrestle each other, and have competitions to see who can call each other the most rude names. He really makes me happy and I love being with him. I pray that however long we are together, he continues to make me smile, bringing me true happiness to my life.